Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Weekend Recap

This weekend was one of those unbelievable Northeast, Ohio weekends. If you don't know what I mean, it was one of those weekends made up of days when everyone always proclaims that if "I could just have weather like this all the time I would give up the seasons". It was beautiful!! Sunny - lots of blue sky, not to hot, not to humid with nights where you open the windows and even the toughest insomniacs sleep like babies.

Anyways, I had a great weekend starting with dinner with family and friends at a new restaurant on Friday night called The Blue Fig. It was really nice and it had Great Lakes beer on tap so you couldn't go wrong.

Saturday, started out with a great ride with Tim, John and my son Jerry. Hard to have a bad ride with great weather like this. Next up was a photo shoot for a magazine article that is being done on the company I work for. I am not very comfortable with that type of thing but my friend and marketing guru CB, who billed it as the fun stuff, made it happen anyways. The rest of the day Sat. was spent running errands and grilling out. Perfect day

Sunday and Monday (labor day) were nearly identical days which started with really hard rides in the morning and finished with relaxing, picnicking, grilling out, playing cornhole and enjoying a few cold beers with family and friends. Could not ask for better times.

On a sad note a friend, who I ride with sometimes, died on Saturday of a heart attack. He was just finishing up a ride and he went down and was never revived. Darryl you will be missed and I will never forget how you could pound that big gear up Everett Road.

Up next, I will be participating in Ironman Wisconsin next weekend. I feel like I am really ready for this and it should be a great time. I wish I would have started this earlier so I could have a record of my progress. Oh well, spilled milk!!!

No comments: