Friday, September 12, 2008

cutting the ties to Ironman Wisconsin 2008

Well I think today is the day that I close the book on IM Wisconsin. The official end of any of my big races is the day I cut off my wristband and start to think about whats next. This will be more emotional than you might think for me because I really don't want to say goodbye yet. I had such a great time training for and racing this race. Although it was in the top three of hardest races/events I have participated in, it really feels like it is the hardest to say goodbye to.

However, all good things must come to an end so I am cutting the wristband off and I am starting to think about my next two races. The first is the Columbus Marathon where I am going to take a run at qualifying for Boston. I have already raced two marathons this year and missed by 1 minute in the first and 7 minutes in the second but I feel really good about this one. This could be the one!!! The second big race I have coming up is the Ragnar Relay in Feb. 2009 in Arizona. I am really excited about this one as I will be joining some old friends who I have not seen for about 10 years. It should be a blast.

Moving forward I will be recapping my weekly training and giving updates on any new adventures that may come my way.

That's all for now

No comments: