Monday, March 30, 2009

I'm gonna do this till the day I die

On Friday S, LJ and I went to see the great BB King. I think I have seen him seven or eight times now and I never get tired of it. He is now 83 yrs old and does all of his show sitting in a chair which is fine because he still plays and sings like he always has. It is nothing short of incredible.

Two interesting things about the show. First, he had a bit of a heckler. I mean who the F heckles BB King. He would yell something out pretty much between every song and BB took it pretty good naturedly (is this a word??) until the ahole yells out play The Thrill is Gone and BB yells back I'll play it if you want but remember when The Thrill is Gone I'm gone too (he pretty much always closes with that) so that kinda shut him up for a little while. The second is during one of his songs (I forget which one) he changed up one of the lines, I think it was supposed to be I'm gonna love you till the day I die, to I'm gonna do this till the day I die. I know it doesn't sound like much but if you heard him say it you would know...he said it like her really meant it. That got me to thinking...I love everything I am doing right now and although I am not adverse to change I hope most of the things I am doing now I can do until the day I die...cause I love em (for all you Ricky Bobby fans).

Anyway, just an OK week of training. Good run miles including a solid 10 mile run at 8:05 pace where I just felt friggin fantastic...I could have gone alot longer. Bike not so great, Weds called due to rain, life got in the way and knocked out Sat ride, took a ride ending spill on Sunday morning after only 15 miles. I need to recover from that quick or Hot Springs will be painful.

That's all for now

No comments: