Friday, March 27, 2009

End of March Update

Well here I am, once again, disappointed with my lack of posting. Rats...I hate when life gets in the way of things I like to do.

Any way before I recap the last half of the month I have to tell you that today is my brothers (plural) birthday. That's right mom and dad drew the luck card and had two babies on the same day. You are probably thinking how nice Jerry has twin brothers. Wrong!!! they were born seven years apart so unless one had to cook seriously longer than the other they are in no way twins. However if they were twins they could have been stunt doubles for Danny and Arnold in the movie twins because one is similar in height to Arnold (not stature though but the cameras can do magic with that kind of thing) and one is similar in height to Danny (used to be stature until he turned himself into a stud with a major lifestyle change) so Happy Birthday Bros.

The second great thing about today is that S, LJ and me are going to the House of Blues to see the king of the blues, Mr. B.B. King. I love BB and I have seen him multiple times and every time I see him I am certain it will be my last but he just keeps on playing. He is 83 yrs old and he can still rip that guitar better than most...for me "The Thrill is Never Gone" when it comes to BB.

The rest of the month has been pretty good. S and I spent a long weekend in Ft Myers with D (the bday boy), L and family. Got lots of great road miles in the warm sun and ran a Susan G. Komen 5k in 22'09". S, L and Simon also participated and all did very well. I also played golf when I was down there and although I have not played in about 5 years did pretty well (remember pretty well is relative as I lost in the neighborhood of 16-20 balls...yup you read that right).

As for training, I have had a good month of outside miles including back to back 3.5 hour days on the bike with Doc and J. The first of the two days was a brutal day of climbing that left me thoroughly spent....I actually thought I was going to tip over on my climb up the hill home...but I made it. It feels really good to be putting in some monster days again. I really need to be doing that to get ready for the season.

I did have a couple of half's on the calendar that I blew off in March the first because it was pouring and cold (but don't tell anyone) and the second because I decided the drive was to far for a half. It would take about 2.5 hrs each direction and I think that time can be better spent.

No comments: