Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Snow, Snow go away.....

Yesterday morning was a cruel reminder that I live in Northeast Ohio. They had been telling us for days that it was going to snow, and I had even been predicting one more storm before spring really started but there is no harsher reality then waking up and seeing a few inches of snow on the grass. I don't deny that i really do enjoy the different seasons but really...enough is enough! Did you ever notice that late season snow and cold changes everything...moods become irritable, training slides, energy levels drop and the overall desire to participate in life just about disappears. Just kidding...its not that bad but it sure will be nice when the weather breaks and we string a couple of warm, sunny days together.

Saturday was my Moms 83rd Bday so our whole family loaded up into the car and made the trip to Buffalo for the day to celebrate. i was thrilled that not only did we go to honor her day but the rest of my bros and sisters were there as well. Since there is seven us we are rarely all together at the same time (possibly a blessing) but it is nice when we do get together. A special treat for the day was the surprise visit from Dan who traveled up from Fla...always have a great time when we are together. When in Buffalo we also took the time to treat Jaime to one of the great culinary treats on the planet...a Teds footlong hotdog. If you do not know what this is...to bad I am not going to explain it but I will close out this topic with this advice...do not die until you have eaten one or your life will not be complete....they are that good. Almost as important as the Ted's hotdog was a special Starbucks Espresso that I received from D...man that was tasty..Bonsai Danielson...Bonsai!!!

Training has been going very well lots of good miles on the bike and on foot. No swimming to speak of. I did have a brief slip off of the Buffalo Marathon training plan that started with scrapping a run Friday evening and replacing it with a few rounds of Euchre with Jerry and Jaime...hey never say my priorities are not straight..and continued on all the way through Monday with a variety of other very creative excuses on my part. I am not overly concerned as if I continue on my current plan, even with the slip, I will have over 200 miles on foot and 400 miles on the bike more than I had last year when training for Buffalo.

That's all for now

No comments: