Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Week 6 and 7 recap - Ragnar Relays fast approaching

I missed last weeks update so I in order to keep things going I will do a combination update of the last two weeks.

Ragnar Relays is right around the corner and i feel really confident with my training. I have no expectations and truly am doing this for fun/training but I think I have positioned myself for a really solid performance. The legs are set for the relays and I am schedule to run a total of around 16 official miles but I figure with warm ups and cool downs i will probably be in the low 20's. There is also going to be a bike available so maybe i can pick up a few ride miles as well. Pacing with a bike is illegal except at night so it should be fun.

Despite the fact that i have a really cool race coming up and I should be really pumped to go I am sad to say that it is overshadowed by something. This economy sucks!! I have managed companies through some bad times in the past (think 2001) but I have never seen anything like this. It is nerve racking, stressful depressing and all consuming....all at the same time. Rarely will anything like this come out in my posts but I had to get it off my chest.

Anywho, I am sure we will push through this mess and I refuse to let it keep me down for long.

Last two weeks had good outdoor miles - both bike and run, plenty of indoor miles - both bike and run, an epic ride through high winds and driving rains in the dark with John and a drunken euchre filled weekend with friends. Economy, Eshmonomy.

Recap Week 6

Bike - 40 out, 4 X 1hr in
Run - 35

Recap Week 7 - easy week

Bike - 15 out, 4 X 1 hr in
Run - 20

That's all for now.

No comments: