Tuesday, December 16, 2008

An ordinary week - and I loved it

The recap of last week is that it was a relaxing, nothing on the schedule, work is going relatively smooth, I am getting a few miles in here and there and I am just generally really enjoying life kind of a week. Its not like I would be happy if every week was like that but it sure is nice once in awhile when one pops up!!

With nothing really close on the schedule except for the Great New Years Eve Race, which is only for fun, I am still in the no schedule mode but like I said was able to get some good miles in on both the bike and on foot. Wednesday night was the first night we were able to get a decent night ride in. The weather was "perfect" (30 degrees but dry) and we took the cyclocross bikes out for a nice little two hour spin. Not overly difficult but did include a nice little climb up Truxell road to finish it off. I definitely ended the ride a lot warmer than when I started. My other ride was a 40 miler Sunday morning on road bikes. It was supposed to be "mild" (50 degrees) but ended up 30 degrees rainy with an unusually big wind out of the southeast. This was a tough one that finished into the wind. As far as the run, I got a 13 miler in Saturday afternoon as my big run. I ran the buckeye half course in the valley (the original) and it was overall a pretty good day and run.

The highlight of the week was dinner at Gasoline Alley on Friday night for Jerry III, me and Sue. They always have great food there and we had a great time eating, laughing and of course having some Christmas Ales/Martinis (depending on which one of us you talk to).

Week Recap

ride 70
run 25

Hectic week ahead getting ready for Xmas, couple of parties and more rides and runs

That's all for now.

No comments: